We take responsibility for your success. Your complex development projects for critical applications in aviation, space and defence are in safe hands with us. Our engineers’ and IT specialists’ expertise and many years of experience make us a Preferred Supplier in the European aerospace and defence sector.
Digital transformation is reshuffling the pack in our industry environment: from traditional product and system development to legacy transformation, cyber security, model-based systems engineering, extended reality or data analytics – our interdisciplinary teams of experts elevate our customers' engineering solutions to the next level. FERCHAU development engineers, project managers, process and system engineers are prepared for all project requirements along the value chain: from traditional to agile, simple design to the architecture of complete systems – always sustainably, reliably and efficiently.
As one of Europe's leading engineering and IT service providers, we have offices at all major aerospace sites and carry the industry's key certifications. High internal standards, sound know-how on state-of-the-art technologies and an international partner network have made us a Preferred Supplier to the Airbus Group and other well-known OEMs for decades. The cornerstones of FERCHAU’s approach from the initial idea to completion are the highest quality standards and absolute process reliability in the development of mission-critical systems and applications.
- Cabin and cargo engineering
- Cabin electronics
- Cabin simulators, demonstrators and trainers
- Primary and secondary structures
- Structural repairs
- Supply and support systems
- Electrics and cabling
- Flight test systems and instrumentation
- Test systems
- Aircraft retrofits
- Equipment and production facilities
- Wiring harnesses
- Product and system engineering for launchers, satellites, payloads and ground systems
- Design of experiments
- Independent software verification and validation
- Electrical and mechanical ground systems
- Wiring harnesses
- Product and system engineering for water, ground and air-based defence systems
- Avionics engineering
- Electronic warfare
- Tactical systems
- Mission management systems
- Virtual training solutions
- System tests
Digital transformation is future-proofing aviation, space and defence – no company can ignore the opportunities presented by technological development. The FERCHAU Aviation Group has pooled its IT competencies in a strategic approach and handles customer projects in six business units:
- Apart from automation, Embedded & Testing also includes traditional hardware and software development on integrated platforms and the provision of digitalised test systems.
- Legacy Transformation deals with hardware and software obsolescence through long product lifecycles and the redesign of legacy systems.
- Cyber Security focuses on securing critical IT infrastructures for military and also many other industrial systems.
- Extended Reality includes technologies, such as Virtual (VR), Mixed (MR) and Augmented Reality (AR), among other things for modern training programmes on critical applications.
- Data Analytics – the technology behind big data – focuses on data as a basis for digitalisation and to support decision-making and forecasting.
- Modelling & Simulation addresses growing customer requirements for complex systems, shorter development times, lower costs and higher quality standards.