The protection of your personal data is important to us, and we want you to feel secure when visiting our website. We comply with the provisions of data protection law, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
In this privacy statement, we explain to you what information (including personal data) we process when you visit and use our website www. ferchau.com ("Website").
We would like to point out that security gaps can occur during data transmission on the inter-net (e.g. communication by e-mail). It is not possible to completely protect data from access by third parties.
I. Who is responsible for data processing?
Responsible for the processing of personal data within the meaning of data protection law:
FERCHAU GmbH ("we")
Phone: +49 2261 5011-0
Contact details of the data protection officer:
Data Protection Officer
Phone.: +49 2261 5011-0
II. What data do we process?
You can access our website without providing any personal information (such as name, postal address or e-mail address). However, to enable you to access our website, we need to collect and store certain information.
- Log files: We collect information about you when you use this website. We automatical-ly collect information about your usage patterns and your interaction with us and regis-ter information about your computer or your mobile device. We collect, store and use data about each access on our website (so-called server log files). Access data includes the name and URL of the retrieved file, date and time of retrieval, transferred data vol-ume, notification of successful retrieval (HTTP response code), browser type and browser version, operating system, referrer URL (i.e. the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider. We use this log data without allocation to your per-son or other profiling for statistical evaluations for the purpose of operating, security and optimisation of our online services, but also for anonymous recording of the number of visitors to our website (traffic) and for the scope and type of use of our website and ser-vices, as well as for billing purposes, to measure the number of clicks received from co-operation partners. This information enables us to provide personalized and location-based content and to analyze traffic, to look for errors and correct them, and to improve our services. We reserve the right to subsequently check the log data if there is a justi-fied suspicion of illegal use on the basis of concrete indications. We store IP addresses in the log files for a limited period of time if this is necessary for security purposes or for the provision of services. We also store IP addresses if we have a concrete suspicion of a criminal offence in connection with the use of our website. We also store the date of your last visit in some places (e.g. when registering, logging in, clicking links, etc.).
- E-Mail-Newsletter: On our website we offer you the possibility to subscribe to our E-Mail-Newsletter. The necessary information for this is listed on the order form; this usu-ally includes your first and surname, your company, function, country of origin and e-mail address. Mandatory fields are marked accordingly.
- Contact: If you contact us via one of the options offered on our website, we will process all personal data contained and indicated in your message in order to process your en-quiry and respond to it.
- Marketing Activities: When you visit our website, there will be cookies set by the technologies of Google Inc. ("Google"), that are used for general marketing, retargeting and statistical purposes. These cookies can trigger personalized advertising on external websites. Also, with this procedure we generate exclusively anonymous user data. Most browsers are automatical-ly set to accept cookies. If you wish, however, you can configure your browser by changing your browser settings so that cookies are restricted or completely blocked.
- Moccabirds Conversion Tracking: This website uses Moccabirds Conversion Tracking, a service provided by Moccabirds GmbH, Sichelstr. 6, 54290 Trier, Germany. This Service measures the conversion rate (applications submitted) using a tracking pixel (gtag). The results cannot be traced back by us to a natural person.
- Plug-ins and Tools
- Google Web Fonts
- Google Maps
This website uses Pingdom, a tool for measuring the performance of web pages. The tool is provided by Solarwinds Software Europe Ltd, Unit 1101, Building 1000, City Gate, Mahon, Cork, Ireland. For this purpose, Pingdom stores certain information on the users surfing behaviour locally on the visitor's computer, including a session ID, information on the browser used, visiting times and whether the user has visited the site within 30 days. This information cannot be linked to natural persons but is only used for the pur-pose of anonymous evaluations of the performance of the website, including loading time of the website, active sessions, users by country, platform (desktop, phone, tablet), browser, most visited pages. Further information on this can be found at https://help.pingdom.com.
III. For what purposes and on which legal basis do we process your data?
- Any personal data contained in the log files will be processed in order to enable you to use our website; processing will be carried out in accordance with Article 6 Para. 1 f) GDPR in order to safeguard our legitimate interest in operating our website.
- The data collected via cookies (including web analysis services, plug-ins and tools) and the pseudonymised user profiles are processed for advertising and market research pur-poses as well as for the purpose of user-friendly design of our website on the basis of Article 6 Para. 1 f) GDPR in order to safeguard our legitimate interest in an analysis of the use and in a user-friendly design of our website.
- The data provided in connection with the subscription to the newsletter will be pro-cessed on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 a) GDPR (consent).
- Data processing for answering a request is based on Article 6 (1) f) GDPR to protect our legitimate interest in establishing and maintaining business contacts. If your request re-lates to the conclusion of a contract or to pre-contractual measures, we process your per-sonal data on the basis of Article 6 paragraph 1 b) GDPR.
- We may also process the personal data processed in connection with your use of our website in order to fulfil legal obligations to which we are subject; this is done in ac-cordance with Article 6 (1) c) GDPR.
- If necessary, we process personal data not only for the above-mentioned purposes but also to safeguard our legitimate interests or the interests of third parties; this is done on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests include asserting legal claims and defending our interests in litigation, preventing and resolving criminal of-fences, and managing and developing our business, including risk management.
IV. Do I have to provide data?
The information required for ordering the newsletter is marked as mandatory in the cor-responding section of this website (e.g. in the corresponding online form). In order to be able to respond to a request addressed to us, we need at least your name and infor-mation on how we can contact you (e.g. postal address or e-mail address). We will not be able to process your request if we are not provided with the required information.
If we collect additional personal data from you, we will inform you whether the provi-sion of this data is based on a legal or contractual obligation or a requirement necessary for the conclusion of a contract. In this regard, we usually identify the information that can be voluntarily provided and the provision of which is not based on the above obliga-tions or is not necessary for the conclusion of a contract.
V. Who is the recipient of my data?
Usually, your personal data is processed in our company. Depending on the type of per-sonal data, only certain departments / organizational units have access to your personal data. A role and authorization concept restricts access within our company to the func-tions required for the respective processing purpose and to the scope required in this re-spect.
To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose your personal data to third parties outside of our company. In particular, the following persons may belong to these exter-nal recipients:
- Companies that belong to our group of companies, insofar as they are involved in the processing of enquiries or orders,
- Service providers commissioned by us who provide services for us on the basis of a separate contract, which may also include the processing of personal data, as well as all subcontractors commissioned by our service providers with our consent,
- shipping companies involved in processing your order,
- credit institutions involved in the processing of payments,
- non-public and public authorities to the extent that we are obliged by law to transmit your personal data.
VI. Is automated decision making used?
In connection with the operation of our website, we do not normally use automated de-cision making (including profiling) within the meaning of Article 22 GDPR. If we use such procedures in special cases, we will inform you separately to the extent required by law.
VII. Are data transmitted to countries outside the EU/EEA?
As part of our web analytics services, plug-ins and tools as well as in connection with the use of our website and contacting us, information may be transmitted to recipients in "third countries", in particular the USA. "third countries' means countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area for which the level of data protection cannot easily be considered comparable to that of the European Union. Insofar as the in-formation transferred also includes personal data and we are not obliged to transfer the data due to a legal obligation, we will ensure before the transfer that the required appro-priate level of data protection in the respective third country or by the recipient in the third country is complied with. In particular, this can take the form of an "adequacy de-cision" by the European Commission ensuring that an adequate level of data protection has been established for a given third country as a whole. Such a decision of adequacy exists in relation to Israel. Alternatively, we may also transfer data in particular pursuant to "EU standard contractual clauses" agreed with or for recipients in the United States or pursuant to compliance with the principles of the so-called "Privacy Shield" between the EU and the United States, if and to the extent required by applicable data protection laws. Upon request, we will be happy to provide you with more information about the appropriate and reasonable safeguards for maintaining an adequate level of data protec-tion; the appropriate contact information can be found at the top of this privacy notice. Information on the participants in the EU-US Privacy Shield can be found at: www.privacyshield.gov/list; for information on the EU standard contractual clauses please visit: http://eur-lex.europa.eu and for information on the adequacy decisions please visit: https://ec.europa.eu.
VIII. How long will my data be stored?
Usually, we store your personal data as long as we have a justified interest in the storage and this interest outweighs your interest in discontinuing the storage. We may also con-tinue to store the data without legitimate interest if we are legally obliged to do so (e.g. to fulfil archiving obligations). We will delete your personal data as soon as the data is no longer required for the fulfilment of the processing purpose or its storage is otherwise prohibited by law.
The personal data that we must store in order to fulfil our archiving obligations will be stored until the respective archiving obligation expires. If we only store personal data for the fulfilment of archiving obligations, the data is generally blocked so that it can only be accessed if it is necessary for the purpose of the archiving obligation.
IX. What rights do I have?
The following rights apply only:
- for data subjects who are located in the EU and whose personal data are processed by us as described above, insofar as the processing activities are connected with the offer of goods or services or insofar as the behaviour of the data subjects is moni-tored, insofar as their behaviour takes place within the EU;
- for data subjects whose personal data are processed as part of the activities of the Ferchau GmbH, regardless of whether the processing takes place in the EU or not.
a) The right of objection under Article 21 GDPR
You have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of Article 6 (1) e) or 1 f) GDPR for reasons relating to your particular situation; this also applies to profiling on the basis of these provisions. Should you object to the processing, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling legitimate reasons for the processing, which take precedence over your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you are entitled to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for such advertising purposes; this also applies to profiling, insofar as this is in connection with direct marketing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the per-sonal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
b) Further rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- Access/Information about your stored personal data, Article 15 GDPR
- Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data, Article 16 GDPR
- Erasure of personal data, Article 17 GDPR
- Restriction of processing, Article 18 GDPR and
- Data portability, Article 20 GDPR
You can revoke your consent to the data processing granted to us at any time with effect for the future. A notification by e-mail is sufficient for this purpose. The le-gality of any data processing carried out before your revocation remains unaffect-ed by the revocation. Furthermore, data processing may be continued despite your revocation of consent if another legal basis (e.g. Article 6 para. 1 b) GDPR or Ar-ticle 6 para. 1 f) GDPR) has been proven.
In order to exercise your rights, you can contact us at any time, e.g. by using one of the contact options listed at the beginning of this information on data protec-tion.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection, Article 77 GDPR.